This banner text can have markup.
The Society Opens Its Museum
The cover picture recaptures an 1880’s view of the barn that will become the Historical Society’s Museum at 101 Center Street. The details of the Official Opening that occurred on August 20, 1972 are described within its pages.
U.S. Senator Stafford unveiled the new museum’s marble sign, after being introduced by the Society President, Frederic P. Elwert. Other community members participating were Rev. Hannon; Mayor Foley, and James Davidson.
A tour of the new museum followed led by Arch Todd and concluded with a benediction by Clifford Young.
A brief chronology of the Bank of Rutland is included in its closing pages.
Uploaded by Unknown on